WE LOVE TO SEE OUR PATIENTS SMILE.
What Dr. Silberman did is a miracle. I’m a different person. It’s impossible to compare with what my mouth looked like before. I have a Hollywood smile.
—Ellina D., patient for five years
Dr. Silberman has been restoring dental implants for his patients for over 20 years. Dental implants offer a permanent solution to tooth loss. They are made from titanium and are placed into the jaw where there was once a tooth. Dental implants can be used in various ways. For example, a single implant can serve to support a crown replacing a single missing tooth. Implants can also be used to support a dental bridge for the replacement of multiple missing teeth, and can be used
with dentures to increase stability and reduce gum tissue irritation.
Dr. Silberman works closely with top Oral Surgeons and Periodontists who place the dental implants in the patient’s jaw. Once the implant is fully integrated into the jaw, Dr. Silberman creates and places the visible crown (cap) on the dental implant. Dr. Silberman’s results are beautiful! Patients achieve the function needed along with a comfortable fit and natural, beautiful looking teeth.
What is a Dental Implant?
Advances in dental technology has made it possible for people who lost their teeth to be able to smile confidently again. A dental implant is a metal post or frame that is surgically positioned beneath the gums and into the jawbone so that replacement teeth can be mounted onto them.
There are 3 components of a dental implant: the implant device (which looks like a screw), the crown or denture (which is the replacement teeth), and the abutment which connects the screw to the replacement teeth.
In the past, people who needed replacement teeth could only resort to dentures which are not always dependable. Although the quality of dentures have improved over the years, they still have the tendency to slip out of place and also pose a risk of infection and tooth decay if they aren’t properly fitted.
Dental implants provide many benefits that dentures and even tooth-supported bridges can’t offer:
- A dental implant is built to last. When properly cared for, these implants can last for a lifetime. They may require some adjustments periodically but they don’t need to be replaced.
- It’s a permanent prosthesis. The implant will be integrated into your jawbone to replace the roots of your teeth. They look and feel very natural that you might even forget they’re not real teeth.
- You can eat any food you like. With dentures, you have to chew very slowly and watch what you eat. But with implants, you can eat your favorite food without worrying about damaging your dental prosthesis at all.
- It won’t fall off. Now you can enjoy life without worrying about your teeth slipping off, and embarrassing yourself in front of your friends, loved ones or even the people you work with. You’ll be able to speak without difficulty and smile with confidence.
- It protects the teeth. When you opt for a teeth-supported bridge, your dentist will need to grind one or both sides of your neighboring teeth so a bridge can be attached to them. Doing so may damage your otherwise healthy teeth. With implants, this is not necessary.
- It’s the next best thing to natural teeth. A dental implant is very stable and strong, and it feels and looks just like your real teeth.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.